Founding in 1864
Conrad Wilhelm Schmidt founds CWS in Düsseldorf
Expansion of the company by taking over the Foerster paint factory in Ratingen
Establishment of a location in London to supply the British market
Establishment of a location in Brussels, primarily for spirit containing paints
CWS receives a gold medal of excellence at a world exhibition in Paris
New start after the 2nd World War in a former paper factory in Düren
Relocation of the last installations, administration and head office from Düsseldorf to Düren.
As one of the first paint manufacturers, CWS produces powder coatings based on epoxy resins
Commissioning of the first extruders at CWS to produce powder coatings with shorter curing times and lower baking temperatures.
The total annual consumption of powder coatings in Germany has exceeded 2,000 tonnes for the first time.
Start of production of polyester resins combined with epoxy resins. These hybrid coatings quickly reach 60% of the market share
At CWS, more than 1,000 tonnes are produced per year for the first time.
Start of production of powder coatings in the new CWS plant with a capacity of 5,000 tonnes per year
Establishment of a subsidiary in Denmark to serve the Scandinavian market.
The organisation is split into three different companies, CWS Powder coatings GmbH, CWS Resins GmbH and CWS Baufarben GmbH. The CWS Lackfabrik GmbH & Co. functions only as a classical holding company.
Establishment of a subsidiary in New York, USA
CWS Powder Coatings GmbH takes over the powder coating manufacturer Dörken and becomes the largest private powder coating manufacturer.
Expansion of production capacity at CWS Powder Coatings USA
Establishment of a new heat-resistant product line CEWETHERM. A new production department is set up for this purpose.
Establishment of a subsidiary in Poland
150th Anniversary of CWS
New raw materials warehouse built
New TCC built ( Technic Competence Center)
New access road constructed, CWS Street inaugurated, new loading docks
New warehouse built with 10,000 pallet spaces